Dental crowns can be used to strengthen your teeth and offer long-term protection. A beautiful porcelain crown can also restore the aesthetics of your smile, boosting your confidence. Dental crowns can be used to:
- Cover and strengthen broken teeth.
- Restore damaged teeth.
- Replace missing or compromised teeth.
Traditional Dental Crowns
Traditional crowns are used as caps that fit snugly over your compromised teeth. At our office, we use porcelain crowns because we love the way the porcelain blends in with your natural teeth, creating a beautiful, natural smile.
In fact, each crown is created especially for you, so it is the right size, shape, and color, meaning most people won’t notice you’ve had work done. There are a variety of issues we can treat with our traditional porcelain crowns. A few of these include:
- Cracked Teeth. If you have a significant crack in your tooth, you may have trouble using it to eat and chew. We can preserve these teeth by capping them with a customized crown. Crowns allow your teeth to be fully functional again and prevent them from further damage.
- Broken Teeth. Broken teeth can be both painful and dangerous. A broken tooth is prone to infection because it is exposed to the bacteria that live in your mouth. By covering your broken tooth with a crown, we can keep your tooth intact and protect it from bacteria and infection.
- Damaged Teeth. Teeth can be greatly damaged by decay. Most teeth simply need a good cleaning and perhaps a filling. However, if your tooth has been severely damaged by decay, we can protect it by placing a crown. The crown will prevent further decay and will act to strengthen your decayed tooth.
If you believe you could benefit from one of our porcelain crowns, please don’t hesitate to give us a call. We want to help restore your smile and protect your tooth as soon as possible.